Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pierzynski and Peavey

Two weeks ago, the Red Sox designated A.J. Pierzynski for assignment, which is a nice way of saying they fired him.

Today, the Red Sox traded Jake Peavey to the Giants for two minor leaguers, which is a nice way of saying they fired him.

I agree with what they did to Pierzynski and Peavey but for the life of me, I can't figure out why they haven't made the right offer to Jon Lester while still keeping David "Watch me hit into this double play!" Ortiz as a designated hitter.

I'm convinced they have given up for this season and are making moves to give themselves a fighting chance next year. I just think one of the moves they need to make is trading David Ortiz.

*

So last night we spent the evening listening to our youngest and his band up in Easthampton. They are actually pretty good and I'm not unconvinced that these boys have a shot at having some measure of success with their music.

The only problem is, they play at night. We didn't get home until 11:30 last night and I gotta tell ya, that kinda sucks for me.

No matter, I got to see my youngest do his thing.

My daughter elected to represent our family at a wedding this week. It was tough on her, I know, but someone had to do it and she took the bullet for us.

Did I mention the wedding was in the Bahamas and it involved a cruise around the Caribbean?

I am, as always, the proud dad.

*

You can try these links out:

No comments: