Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Hopefully the phone calls have stopped.

I got home and found three messages on my answering machine telling me that I still had time to go vote.

Yesterday, I got four or five calls in the evening and the last one came in at 8:56pm. If it was a human being on the other end of the line, I would have been happy to tell them jam their message up their ass.

But it wasn't a human being.

It was a robo-call from some woman claiming to be an advocate for woman everywhere. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure she indicated that she earned her living advocating for women. Nice gig if you can get it but that wasn't the important part of the call.

The important part of the call was her claiming that Scott Brown is also an advocate for women. I don't think she claimed that he earned his living advocating for women so he must just be a hobby-advocate or a volunteer-advocate instead of a professional-advocate.

Good for you Scott. I'm certain that women all over the planet are not only grateful for your advocacy, they also probably think your kinda hot but did your girl have to wake me up at 9:00 at night to tell me that?

*

So anyways, I went and voted this morning. Actually, me and a few hundred of my closest friends went and voted this morning.

I don't want to say it was crowded but I got to stand in line for about a half hour before I finally got to vote. Appearantly I live in the section of town with either the earliest risers or the most politically-minded residents.

At 7:30 this morning, the voting maching for my precinct registered 114 votes. That a huge number for my little section of our small town and I suspect we are going to see the highest turnout ever.

Good for us. It's about time we turned out to vote.

*

In case you're interested, I predict that the winner of todays elections will be the lawyers because this election is going to result in lawsuits all around. Obama and Romney are going to sue everyone, everywhere. Especially Florida.

While we all watch the completely meaningless and uber-boring analisys of the election, we might want to click on these links:


No comments: