Friday, November 23, 2012

I have found the next great invention.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm pleased to present the See-Thru Propane Tank.

That is, in my humble summer-time-cook-out-yard-filled-with-people-waiting-for-food opinion, one of the greatest inventions of all time. It ranks right up there with toilet paper and the wheel.

If you've ever run out of propane in the middle of grilling up several steaks, you'll understand why I feel that way.

*

I finally started pulling wire into my new subpanel. This is the run from the generator to the panel.


I have one piece of conduit installed that will hold the feed from the main panel. I need to install a second piece for the eight individual circuit extensions.

I'm planning on putting new breakers in the subpanel and leaving the existing breakers in the main. I'll tape the ones in the main over and label them as unused. That way, if I ever decided to remove the subpanel, I can just swing the circuits back over to the main.

When all is said and done, there will be no more extension cords running through my house when the power goes out.

*

So here are some links you can visit if you want:


No comments: