Friday, September 4, 2015

I rewired it.

Today was, "Let's move all the furniture and electronics in the living room to different places!" day. That meant I needed to run cable to the new television location and ethernet to the new printer location. Since I was doing that, and they were conveniently being located to the same area, I decided to combine them into a single box / wall plate.

By doing that, I only needed to drill one hole from the basement into the wall cavity, cut the work box hole in the drywall, fish the two wires from the basement into the wall cavity, install the work box and connect the coax & ethernet to their respective parts.

Now my wife has moved everything to where she wants it, the TV works (including HDTV) and the printer is on the network.

All is good and instead of having two wires running out of two different sides of the room, everything is ported from a singe location.

*

You can click on these if you want:

No comments: