Monday, September 7, 2015

Too damned hot.

I was really hoping to make it through the day without running an air conditioner but since I'm a wuss when it comes to my comfort. I gave up around 3:00 this afternoon when it reached 90° outside and 85° inside.

Thank goodness for air conditioning.

*

I can't help but wonder if some alien beings from outer space have taken over the Red Sox because they sure seem to be playing some pretty damned good baseball lately.

The Red Sox took all three games from the Phillies and then managed to beat the division-leading Blue Jays.

Granted, the Phillies suck but so don't the Red Sox. I was not expecting them to take all three games.

As for today, I fully expected to see the Red Sox lose to the Blue Jays.

This might explain why my MLB coaching aspirations never came to fruition.

So anyways....

During the month of August, the Red Sox played .556 ball, winning 15 of 27 games.

So far, during the month of September, they've played 6 games and won 4. That's .667 ball.

Taken all together, since August 1st, they've played 33 games and won 19 of those games. That gives them an average of .576.

If they had played this way the entire season and had an actual full season average of .576, they would be in first place in the ALEast and in second place in the American League.

As it stands now, they have effectively been eliminated from post season play. All they are doing now is finishing out their season.

*

You can visit these links of you want:

No comments: