Thursday, November 12, 2015

A second normal work day!

Two normal work days in a row at this time of the year is amazing.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't get home until after 6:00 instead of my usual 4:00 but that is still way better than getting home at 8:00.

Year end is always a tough time for us because, as I've said before, everyone has a strong need to complete all of their projects before the end of the budget year. Also, because we have a normal year-end freeze in our production environment starting in mid-December, the projects and any associated changes must be in place before then.

I like my job and I really don't mind the long hours that are sometimes required. I know I say that I want to retire soon but if I did that, I'd have to find something else to do because if I don't do something, I'll turn into a slug in a recliner watching bad soap operas all day long.

I don't want to be a slug in a recliner and I hate soap operas.

*

You want to know whats wrong with our society? Want to understand why most level-headed adult Americans don't pay a lot of attention to the news?

It's because of things like this:

That is a screen grab of my google news feed as of 1:00pm today.

You will notice that of the 10 top news stories, 2 of them are about bad entertainers and none of them are about Florent Groberg.

If you ask me, it's a goddamned shame that the media spends more time and energy on a spoiled little brat who offers nothing to our society than it does telling us about a man like Florent.

*

Feel free to click on these links:

No comments: