Friday, December 6, 2013

Busy, busy, busy

While I'm still spending my time doing things other than surfing the interwebs, I do find myself with a few minutes this evening so how about a quick update to my world.

*

My mom has been in the hospital since last Tuesday which is what is causing me (and all of my siblings) to be busy. I try to visit with her at least once a day, sometimes twice.

As a family, we are all hoping that everything turns out for the best for her.

To quote Forrest Gump, "And that is all I have to say about that."

*

This coming weekend is our neighborhood Christmas party so we're looking forward to that. It's always fun but I suspect there may be a little bit of melancholy since one of the couples that hosts the party are the folks who's daughter was murdered out in Boston this past spring.

Dennis and Cindy seem to be doing fine but the holidays are difficult for them and while I'm thinking that "fun" isn't on their list of things to have, they will put on their best face and display the grace and dignity they have always shown.

*

Here are some links:

No comments: