Friday, August 1, 2014

Singing in the rain

I stopped at Stop & Shop on my way home to pick up a few things for dinner. Unfortunately, when I walked out of the store and headed for my car, mother nature decided let loose with a significant downpour.

That was when I did my best Gene Kelly imitation and ran like hell for my car while ranting something to the effect of, "that singin' and dancin' in the rain thing is pure bullsh!t"

*

I'm preparing myself for the lineup I'll see for tonight's ball game.

I suspect that Cespedes isn't going to make it in time to play because he's coming in from the west coast.

The Red Sox DFA'd Mike Carp so hopefully he finds a home somewhere soon.

They also called up the Betts kid to play the outfield.

I haven't quite figured out what to think about the Betts kid. He looks like he's about 12 years old and every time I see him, all I can think about is the 10-12 little league team I coached a decade ago.

I guess I'm getting old...

*

Try these links:

No comments: