Monday, June 30, 2014

They won the series against the Yankees.

Now all they have to do is win all the other series they are scheduled to play between now and the All Star break on July 14th. If they can do that, they might still be playing baseball come October.

Tonight they start a series against the Cubs, a National League team that is actually playing worse than the Red Sox are right now.

*

So the Supreme Court (not to be confused with Diana Ross and the Supremes) ruled that the federal government violated the First Amendment in regards to religious freedoms. The case they heard involved a large retail operation that is run be an extremely religious family who stated uncategorically that despite what the Affordable Care Act says, they would not provide birth control to their employees since it was against their religion.

Having made my religious beliefs crystal clear in the past (I believe you are entitled to your religious beliefs just keep the damned things to yourself), I feel totally unqualified to speak about this issue. Fortunately for you, being unqualified has never stopped me in the past and it certainly won't stop me now.

The federal government has become too damned invasive in our lives and it's about time Diana Ross and the Supremes put it in it's place.

*

I didn't find anything of interest and I'm tired. You can go find your own links while I fall asleep while watching baseball.

No comments: