Sunday, June 22, 2014

I have a plan

There were three home runs hit in today's baseball game and one of them was hit by David Ortiz. The other two were hit by David Ross and Mike Napoli.

Ortiz struck out once, popped out once and grounded out twice the other four times he was at bat and never played a position during the game.

Naploi walked, singled, struck out and grounded out his other four times at bat and played all 10 innings at first base.

Ross singled and struck out twice his other three times at bat and played all 10 innings as the catcher.

So tell me again what does Ortiz brings to the team....

If I was the General Manager of the Boston Red Sox, this is what I would try to do:
  1. Trade David Ortiz, Will Middlebrooks & Felix Dubront for a first baseman who can hit and a couple of minor leaguers who can play the middle infield.

  2. Make Napoli the DH with an occasional stint at first.

  3. Put Brock Holt at third.

  4. Make Ruby De La Rosa a starter.

  5. Trade Stephen Drew for a player to be named and offer to pick up half his salary.

  6. Get Shane Victorino healthy and see if he can still play baseball.
That's what I would do.

*

Have I mentioned that I am trying to grow grass again?

I put a chicken wire fence through the middle of my backyard in the hopes of keeping The Dog out of one half.

It's proving difficult because he's a pretty bright dog and keeps finding ways in but I think he's getting the hint.

And by "hint", I mean my yelling at him and calling him a sneaky little sh!t and telling him to get the hell out of there!

So the plan is to keep the fence up for the entire growing season in the hopes that by keeping The Dog off the young grass, it will take and one day, we will have have a backyard instead of a dirt parking lot.

If this works out okay and I end up with some semblance of a lawn by fall, next year I'll do the other half of the back yard.

*

Try these links:


No comments: