Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Quick guess...

My guess is that Jon Lester and Mike Carp will be playing for the Pirates and no one knows where John Lackey will be playing.

And that's okay with me.

I like the Pirates and I'd like to see them win a divisional series, a league series and then maybe a world series. Clint Hurdle is a great manager who seems to be loved, if not worshiped, by his players and the team itself seems to have that, "Hey! Guess what we're gonna do today? We're gonna go play ball!" attitude that I think every ball club should have.

I'm pretty sure Lester and Carp would be happy playing for them.

As for Lackey, he signed a contract that left him with the league minimum in 2015 so if there is a team out there that wants a guy who throws a pretty good game and comes cheap, maybe the Red Sox will pick up someone of value in his place.


It is, after all, just a game...

*

Try these links:

No comments: