Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Things are still a bit unsettled.

Now that the funeral is over and things have calmed down a bit, my sisters are working to get moms belongings organized and ready for transport. The boys (meaning my brothers and I along with our nephews) will be tasked with moving the furniture.

It has been a genuinely sad two weeks for all of us but with the sadness comes the knowledge that mom is no longer suffering from a debilitating disease and she is no longer in any pain. She was, as my sister called her, an Uber-Catholic which means she passed away knowing that she would meet God and she would be reunited with my dad and other family members.

As for all of us, life will continue and we will get our children through this part of their lives. For all of them, this is the first time in their lives were they suffered a loss and it's hard for them to understand. They will all learn to deal with the grief and the loss in their own ways and we, their parents, will be there to guide them through it.

And that, my friends, will close out this chapter in my life. Myself and my siblings are now orphans but we are all well-prepared orphans. Our parents raised us well and we had mom with us for a good long time. They were good people and I can only hope that I leave a legacy that matches theirs.

*

Here are a few links:

No comments: