Saturday, January 2, 2016

One more day of sleeping late.

I'm back to work on Monday but the silver lining is that I once again have a full compliment of vacation time coming to me.

I'll probably do what I did last year and take every Monday off for a few months during the summer. I kind of enjoyed those three day weekends.

*

I have never joined the NRA. I have never had any desire to join the NRA. I always looked at the NRA as a collection of nutjobs with lots of guns.

But that is about to change....

The President has started using the words "gun violence" and saying that he is going to use executive action to control gun sales.

I want to remind the President that guns cannot be violent. They are pieces of machined metal that have no emotions whatsoever. It is people that are violent and thinking that preventing people from getting guns is going to help anything is a stupid way of thinking.

Violent people will commit violence with or without guns.

As a matter of fact, I'm thinking that taking guns away from violent people will only make them more violent and I shudder to think what they will use instead of guns.

It might be time for me to join the NRA...

*

Here are some links:

No comments: