Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Another day of early baseball.

I was unable to watch the Red Sox get their a$$ kicked by the Nationals this afternoon.

I was able to watch almost the entire game last night. I made it to the eighth inning before falling aleep in my recliner. Fortunately I woke up during the post-game interview with the catcher and I learned they managed to win.

All-in-all, I'm not disappointed in the way they are playing. I am disappointed in certain players.

For instance, David "Look at my big gold chain!" Ortiz has been up to the plate 32 times in 8 games and he's only managed to hit the ball 6 times, two of which were home runs. This is the guy who's only job is to hit the ball. Nothing else.

During the same 8 games, Dustin "I don't have any big gold chains, just a scruffy beard." Pedroia has been up to bat 36 times and he's managed to hit the ball 10 times, 3 of which were home runs. His job is to not only hit the ball but to also play a highly-skilled second base.

It's time for David "little papi" Ortiz to retire before he ends up as a washed-up has-been getting boo'd every time he walks onto the field at Fenway.


*

Here are a few links:

No comments: