Monday, August 10, 2015

So long Justin.

Not sure that I can say I'm going to miss him but Justin Masterson was designated for assignment yesterday afternoon. That means he is eligible to be picked up by any other baseball team during the next ten days. If, after those ten days are up, no one has picked up his contract, he will be reassigned to a minor league affiliate such as Pawtucket or Lowell.

I was a little surprised when the Red Sox offered him a contract last year becasue he was not what I would call a great pitcher. Hell, I wouldn't have called him a good pitcher but as I often say, I'm not an expert in the nuances of baseball and perhaps "someone" felt he was a great pitcher.

Maybe that "someone" isn't quite as well versed in the nuances of baseball as he thinks he is....

*

No baseball tonight means I get to catch up on some DVRs.

While I do that, you might like these:

No comments: