Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rain - it makes the grass grow.

While the rain might be making my grass grow, it's also making the ground soft and mushy. That means that when the 80+ kids show up at my house tomorrow and start hanging around, my yard is going to turn into a muddy mess.

So much for me having a lawn this year...

*

My son had a great time at the Ultimate Party last night. He was home and in bed by 7:00 this morning and for that, I am extremely grateful.

When I graduated from high school, it was very common for at least one or two kids to die in an alcohol-fueled car wreck. My class lost four or five over the course of the spring, the class before me lost four in one night and the class after me lost a few as well.

How our parents survived those times, I'll never know.

Now-a-days, us parents all Thank God for things like the Ultimate Party. My son may be exhausted but if that's the worst he has to deal with, I'm a happy guy.

*

Time for an update on the Red Sox:
    They are no longer in last place in the American League East!
This has been your update on the Red Sox.

*

Here are some links to help you enjoy your day:


No comments: