Sunday, June 10, 2012

Well, at least I got my lawn mowed.

Now I have to water it because I'll be damned if I'm going to let all that grass die off.

*

As I said the other day, the Red Sox are back in full suck mode. They just can't seem to come together with all the right parts at the same time. On days that the pitching is good, the batting sucks. On days that the batting is good, the pitching sucks. When the pitching and the batting are doing okay, the fielding sucks.

But I didn't come here to talk about the Red Sox, I came here to talk about protocol.

The proper protocol for the singing of The National Anthem (AKA, The Star Spangled Banner) is to stand and salute.

For members of the military or para-military (police, etc..), that means standing at attention and facing the flag in a proper salute. For civilians, it means facing the flag and placing your right hand over your heart.

Having said that, I have one question:

When did God Bless America become our national anthem?  Why does everyone seem to think they need to stand and salute when that song is performed during the seventh inning of a baseball game?

Just askin' is all.

*

I found these links for you to click on:


No comments: