Thursday, June 21, 2012

Some people are a$$holes.

Every weekday morning, I drive into work and I park in the same place. I do this because I'm old and I won't remember where my car is if I park it in a different place. There are several other early arrivers who park near me and over the years, I've come to recognize the cars and sometimes the people.

I have names for these people. There's "Mr. Arrogant Two Parking Space Guy", "Ms. Prius-Obama Hottie", "Mr. Extra Long Truck Guy", "Mr. Block Your View With My Van Guy", "Mr. Compensating For A Small Penis Audi A8 Guy" and my personal favorite, "Ms. Ugly Librarian Spinster Honda Fit Woman".

Ms. Ugly Librarian Spinster, who arrives about 10 minutes before I do, always parks in the end spot in the first row. She currently drives a Honda Fit but her previous car was a VW of some kind. I suspect that her next car is going to be one of those Smart Car things. She seems to like ugly little cars.

This morning, I arrived at work before she did and I parked in what is traditionally her spot. As I was about to turn my car off, she pulled up. When she spotted my car in her spot, she got a look on her face that suggested she was about to have a nervous breakdown so being the nice guy that I am, I waved at her and moved my car to another spot. She pulled into her spot and immediately looked away from me.

Never mind a "Thank You" or a wave, I didn't even get a glance. She purposefully looked away from me. It was almost as if she held me in disdain for taking her spot in the first place and it was a damned good thing I moved or there would have been hell to pay.

I got out of my car and, as I walked past her, I kept staring at her in the hopes that maybe she would look up so I could wave at her but she didn't. She just ignored me.

Tomorrow, or at some other time in the near future, I plan on arriving early again and this time, I'm going to park in her spot and then sit there until she pulls in. I'll remain seated in my car, listening to Dennis & Callahan while she decides where to park and once she does, you can bet good money that I'll look up at her and wave as she walks by.

Like I said in the title, some people are a$$holes.

*

So the Red Sox are once again above .500 and they are no longer in last place in the AL East. As a matter of fact, they are once again in 8th place in the American League, just a half game behind the White Sox and a half game ahead of the Blue jays. They have one more game against the Marlins before they face the Braves and then the Blue Jays.

The problem is, the Braves and the Blue Jays are playing some pretty damned good baseball. That means the Red Sox won't have an easy time against either team.

It's going to be an interesting few days for the Red Sox. Hopefully they pay attention to me as I provide them my sage wisdom via my special coaching TV.

*

I was going to mention that it was another scorcher today but if you live around here, you already know that and if you don't live around here, you probably don't care.

Trust me, it was hot.

*

Here are todays links:


No comments: