Saturday, September 13, 2014

Guess where I was today?


That's right, the Big E!

*

Now I know why I only go to  the Big E once every 20 years.

Several weeks ago we decided to go on on Saturday evening because that fit everyone's work schedule. When the weather dweebs announced that it was probably going to rain, we stuck by our plans because we were hoping the rain would keep the crowds down.

We were right.

Too be honest with you, it was the perfect time to go.

We got there around 5:45 and it was raining pretty hard. The majority of the traffic was leaving the fairgrounds and we were able to park on the grounds.

We put on our rain gear and headed in to what was essentially an empty fair.

There were no lines anywhere and since the majority of the fair is in the big buildings, we didn't have to worry about the rain. Which, by the way, was down to a slight drizzle and tapering off all together by 6:30 or so.

All in all, going to the Big E when it's raining is actually a pretty good idea.

*

Now I'm going to spend my night digesting the Rhode Island clam fritters, the Maine baked potato and the few cheese fries I ate after my son said he couldn't eat anymore.

You can visit these links:

No comments: