Saturday, June 6, 2015

Today is the 71st anniversary of D-Day

I thought this was an interesting story about the day.

*

The Red Sox are in last place but at this point, I'm finding it difficult to be disappointed. They will either figure out how to play the game or they won't. Either way, I'll still watch them.

I watched them last night and again this afternoon when they managed to win two games against the last place team in the American League, the Athletics.

I feel bad for the Red Sox but I also feel bad for the Athletics.

Billy Beane, the Athletics GM, has come so close for the last few years but he just can't seem to pull it off.

He takes guys that other teams don't want and gets the most out of them. I've always admired Beane and his approach to baseball and I kind of wish it would pay off for him.

*

Here are today's links:

No comments: