Friday, December 29, 2017

Busy evening.

I purchased a network drive from Pat this afternoon and I've been working on getting it set up on my network. So far, it's being pretty damned particular because I'm forcing it to be something it's not meant to do.

Apple provides backup software called Time Machine on all Mac's but it only works with a special Apple router/hard drive called...

...get ready for it...

...a Time Machine!

And since Apple wants about $400 for their special Time Machine, I figured trying to do what I want to do using a standard networked hard drive is worthwhile. I've managed to find several helpful websites and things are looking good but it's a lot of work.

So what I'm saying is I'm busy and I don't have a lot of time.

Here are a couple of links to lighten your day:

No comments: