Saturday, December 2, 2017

Computers and leaves.

Today I replaced my mother-in-law's computer with a new one. This is a good thing for me because her old computer was running Windows Vista and that is out of support. That meant she was getting popups all the time from Microsoft telling her that her computer wasn't secure.

She would call me and tell me, "Charter is trying to do something to my computer." and I would tell her to just leave it until I could come over and look at it.

Now, the popups are gone and she seems happy.

Unfortunately, it came with Windows 10 and I kinda had to mickey mouse it a bit to make it look exactly like her old one. The toughest part was shutting it down. Vista still had the old button that would simply shut the machine down while Windows 10 has a multi-click process that she found difficult.

I installed a shortcut toe shutdown.exe on her desktop that with one click shuts the computer down.

I'm a freakin' genius.

After that, I was able to get my lawn cleared of all leaves so that I can put up the Christmas lights tomorrow.


Here are a few links that you might enjoy:

No comments: