Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Good day for flying with my instructor

It's been a year since I got my pilots license and all of my flying during that time has been mainly sightseeing. I always do two or three landings before venturing off to stare at the world from 3,000 feet but that's about it.

Today I went up with my instructor to practice some things that I haven't done because, well, I'm a cautious coward and didn't want to kill myself by trying them alone.

We did some steep turns, some slow flight, some approach (simulated landing) stalls and some departure (simulated takeoff) stalls. Then we did five touch & go landings.

It was a good workout and I throughly enjoyed it.

Also, I did all of those things in a larger, more powerful plane than I learned in so I am now certified to fly that slightly faster plane. This means I am on longer restricted to the golf cart of planes, I can now fly the family sedan of planes.

I told him I want to schedule a night flight with him before the clocks change so one day in the next few weeks I'll schedule something and we'll do a circuit of the airports in the upper valley one evening.

Have I mentioned that I really like flying. Even when my instructor makes me work hard and I find that I have sore arms in the evening, I still love doing it.


Here are some links you can visit if you want:

No comments: