Saturday, January 26, 2019

My basement is dry

My dehumidifier did not freeze up  and I managed to remove another half gallon of water from my basement by using it. The concrete floor is now completely dry.

We did have one wooden cabinet (actually, it's pressboard) that got pretty wet and the base began to swell. My wife, brilliant woman that she is, said, "Why not cut the wet icky stuff of the bottom and then turn the cabinet upside down?" I said I thought that was a bright idea and set about to cut off the bottom stuff. Then I attached a few strips of wood to what used to be the top to act as "legs", flipped it over and voila, all is well with the world.

If it gets wet again, I'll just bust the thing up and toss it in the trash. I'm sure we can find some place else to store all those old Disney movies on VHS tape....


We are now one week away from SuperB owl 53 and I'm kind of hoping that the Patriots make swift & decisive work of the Rams. I suspect they will because, well, they've got that guy Brady who seems to be a petty darned good quarterback.

Vegas has the Patriots at -2.5 which means they expect the Patriots to win by at least 3 points (you can't score half a point in football...) even though initially they had the Rams at -2. Apparently the heavy hitters all think the Patriots will win and that's where the smart money is.

If I had a spare $1,000, I'd probably put it on the Patriots to win by at least 3 points.

And if I had a second spare $1,000, I'd put it on the Miami Dolphins to win SuperB owl 54. Vegas futures has them at 100/1 odds and that means if the 'fins win the 2020 SuperB owl, I'd win $100,000.

There are, however, two very good reasons why I won't make that bet. 1) - I don't have a spare $1,000 and 2) - the Miami Dolphins are not going to win SuperB owl 54 because they suck.


You can click on these if you want:

No comments: