Sunday, January 20, 2019

So much for the 8-12 inches.

We got, at most, 5 inches followed by some sleet and then a little freezing rain.

This didn't even come close to what they were predicting.


Caution: Snob Rant Approaching...

The town I live in, Wilbraham, has an ordinance that forbids overnight parking of a motor vehicle on any public road. To be clear, here is the specific by-law and section:
    SECTION 706 PARKING PROHIBITED (Reg., Art V, Sec. 1)(ATM, Art.24, 5-17-04):
      20)    On any street, highway or way for a period of time longer than one (1) hour between the hours of 1:00am and 7:00 am of any day.
Now for the record, that by-law is not really enforced unless a complaint is filed with the police.

I bring this up because there have been times when I was close to calling and asking the police to issue citations to my neighbors. Three of them each park one or two cars in the street all the time and it pisses me off.

If I wanted to live in a place where everyone parked on the street, I would have moved to a city where no one has driveways. Instead, I chose to live in a town that discourages parking on the street because we all have one or two car garages and six car driveways. There is no reason to park in the street.

My wife, however, told me to stop being a dick and just leave it alone.

I followed her advice but I gotta tell you, I would love to be a dick just once and slap them all with $15.00 parking tickets and a note that reads,
    "Put your damned car in your damned driveway and stop lowering my damned property values. And tell your kids to put their shit away instead of leaving it on the side of the road.

    Heads up Bubba, this ain't the Ozark's.

    Sincerely,
    Everybody that lives near you.
    "
This completes todays snob rant.

We now return you to our normal, everyday rant.


Found this on the interwebs today and thought it was funny:


I'm gonna watch the Patriots hopefully make the Chiefs look bad.

While I do that, you can do these:

No comments: