Monday, January 21, 2019

That was some pretty damned good football

Both championship games, the NFC and the AFC, went into overtime yesterday. That is an indication that the teams were all pretty well matched up.

In the case of the Rams / Saints game, if I were a Saints fan, I would be pissed. I watched the entire game and from what I saw, the officials were on the payroll of the Rams ownership. There were not only some pretty bad calls, there were a lot of non-calls.

In particular, there was one blatant pass interference that included a helmet-to-helmet personal foul that occurred right in front of an official who never threw a flag. The Rams player even admitted after the game that he committed the foul. I believe he said, "Oh, hell yea it was a penalty!"

As for the Patriots, in case you didn't hear already, they won in overtime. It was a great game and both teams played some serious football, sending the game into overtime tied 31-31.

NFL playoffs are sudden-death with the only stipulation being the opening receiving team must score a touchdown to win on the opening downs. After the ball is turned over to the other team, it's fair game and any point scored wins the game.

With that in mind, the wining team is probably going to be the team that wins the coin toss.

The Patriots won the coin toss and then used 13 plays & just under 5 minutes to drive the ball into the end zone. The game ended with the Patriots winning 37-31

It was a hell of a game and I think the SuperB owl is going to be a great game to watch.

I also think the Patriots are going to open a can of whoop-ass on the Rams but hey, that's just me.


It was a bit cold here this morning.



So because the game went into overtime last night, it didn't end until a bit after 10:00. That's past my bedtime and that means I'll be falling asleep on my couch soon.

While I do that, you can click on these:

No comments: