Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Another day, another loss

The Red Sox lost to the Indians last night 6-5. It was tied in the ninth 5-5 and in the bottom of the ninth, the Indians scored their 6th run.

That was all it took.

Hopefully they get back to winning tonight.

⧫

Despite the low clouds and rain, I managed to do an hour+ with my instructor working on complex / high power aircraft today. I'm going to try and get another hour in tomorrow.

It's interesting flying a plane with retractable landing gear and enough horse power to make it go really fast. I wasn't intimidated and it was pretty intuitive. The big trick is to remember to put the gear down before you land. That's important. Very, vey important.

I was able to do seven landings in a mild crosswind (maybe 6 knots from the right) and during all seven of them, I remembered to not only put the gear down, I also managed to keep the plane on the centerline in the aforementioned crosswind and still land smoothly.

Smoothly is important because a plane with retractable landing gear isn't quite as robust as a plane with fixed gear. It likes to roll onto the runway, not slam into it.

As I always say, good landings are important.

⧫

Well, time for me to settle in for some baseball.

Enjoy these links:

No comments: