Sunday, August 25, 2019

They won last night.

They beat the Padres 5-4 when Holt hit a home run in the ninth inning and then Workman came in to close and held the Padres hitless.

This afternoon isn't going quite as well but it's still early. Right now it's 3-1 Padres in the seventh inning.

Hopefully they manage to turn it around and score at least 3 runs to take a lead.

Hey, I can dream, can't I.


My wife and I busted our collective asses this weekend.

Yesterday, we planted two trees - one Japanese red maple to match one we already had and a horse chestnut. The chestnut is on the side of the garage so all those buckeyes that fall out of it over the years will end up in the side yard, not the front yard. I hear deer and squirrels love buckeyes.

Today, we pulled all the weeds out of the topsoil that was put down where the crabapple trees used to be, turned the soil to break it up and finally spread some grass seed.

Now if the grass seed actually sprouts and the grass actually grows, I'll be an actual happy guy.


Try these links if you want:

No comments: