Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Darn it to heck

The Red Sox got their ass kicked 9-0 last night. They were not hitting well at all and the three hits they did manage to get were lucky. In my opinion, they couldn't score a run if the Yankees left the field.

Hopefully tonight goes a lot better for them. I know my youngest and his daughter are both wearing their lucky Red Sox shirts.

As for the rest of last nights games, here are the results:

⧫

Unlike the Red Sox, the Bruins did great last night, beating the Rangers 3-0.

They named Pastrnak as their captain last Sunday and this was their first game with him on the ice as their official leader. Last season they had two assistant captains, Pastrnak and McAvoy and apparently this year they decided they needed a captain. McAvoy is still assistant captain and joining him as the other assistant is Hampus Lindolm.

Swayman had a great game, saving 100% of the 24 shots the Rangers took on his goal.

They are back at it on Friday when they go to Winnipeg to take on the Jets.

⧫

The old lawn tractor has a new home.

The guy who picked it up drove it for a bit and said he knows exactly what is wrong. He seemed confident he could fix it.

I hope he gets a good many years out of it. It's a good machine that didn't let me down for 13 years (yes, I found the date of manufacture and it was made in 2013) so I'm glad someone got it who can keep it running.

I'm too old to mess with a v-twin small engine. Too many moving parts and way too many seals/gaskets that I can screw up.

⧫

Here are some links:

No comments: