Sunday, September 27, 2026

So much for the big storm

At one point yesterday, one of the newscasters on our local station said, "Boy, we are really getting whalloped out there!"

I turned my head to look out the window and I say a leaf blow by.

No huge wind gusts, no branches down in the yard, no torrential rain, just a leaf floating across my front yard.

It's another clear-cut case of the media trying to induce panic in their viewing audience.

It's like whenever it snows, the national news guy says, "Millions in the path of a dangerous storm!" and I yell at him, "It's snowing for christ sake! It's not the end of the world. And yes, there are millions of people living in New York City, never mind the rest of us in New England, you moron."

I will admit to moving my generator to the front of my garage so if things do suddenly go to shit, I don't have to move cars to get it out but I seriously doubt anything is going to happen.

So anyways, that is the excitement around here - there are leaves blowing around.

⧫

The MLB playoff brackets are not quite set yet but I'm willing to bet the Astros will be the ALWest winners and the Rangers will be on vacation.

No matter because I will be watching the Red Sox / Yankees games. Well, I'll be watching as much of them as I can. They start at 8:00 which means they probably won't end until 11:00.

As for today's final game of the regular season, the Red Sox lost to the Cubs this afternoon. Not the best way to end the regular season but they have until Tuesday to recoup and figure out how to beat the Judges.

⧫

The Patriots got beaten up pretty well by the Jaguars, losing 35-6 this afternoon..

Not a great day for my sports teams...

⧫

Here are some links:

No comments: