Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Feeling much better today.

Not only did I sleep pretty good last night, I woke to find that the Red Sox managed to hold onto their lead and beat the Rangers.

And speaking of the Red Sox, those of you that know me know that I am not a big fan of David Ortiz. I know his teammates seem to like him but I can't help but wonder if maybe they are starting to tire of his constant "Hey, look at me! Look at how cool I am!" attitude.

I'm not concerned about the "don't take a picture of the team, let me take a selfie with you" incident at the White House because, let's face it, the President is no stranger to the whole "selfie" craze.

I'm not concerned about "the President being used to promote Samsung products" incident at the White House because, let's face it, the President is no stranger to using his office to promote companies.

No, I'm could care less about that.

What I care about is that the Red Sox are a team of 25 guys. Each one plays an integral part in winning games and I find it a little disheartening that the one guy who only does one thing (he hits, that's it) is the one that is getting all the attention and is being paid $16,000,000 a year.

Meanwhile, Daniel Nava is being paid $550,000 a year, plays every position they ask him to and is hitting the ball pretty damned well without so much as a peep of complaint.

When are they gonna have a Daniel Nava bobble-head night at Fenway?

*

Here are some links:

No comments: