Sunday, April 6, 2014

Who was the first person to eat a lobster?

Last night we had lobsters for dinner. My wife and daughter stopped at Big Y on their way home from a family event and bought several of the tasty crustaceans. They placed them on the counter in front of me and said, "Make these into a meal."

So I did....

My question, however, still stands: Who was the first person to pick up a cold, wet, bug-like creature with a shell harder than bone and claws that can break your fingers and say to themselves, "Oh my, but I bet that sure is a tasty morsel!"

That was a person who was either really hungry and could only find rocks, sand and lobsters or he was drunk and it was a bet with his drinking buddies.

I'm betting it was the drunken bet thing....

*

In our front yard, spring has sprung....

*

You can click on these if you would like:

No comments: