Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'm making a mistake....

Did you ever do something that you knew was going to turn out to be a mistake but you still went ahead and did it? I'm doing that right now.

My mother-in-law had an old computer that was running Windows XP. When Microsoft stopped supporting XP, I told her she needed  to get a new computer because pretty soon, things were going to stop working. She said she would think about it.

That was almost a year ago.

During that year, my mother-in-law has called me to tell me that her email/banking/notes/pictures/etc... wasn't working and would I please take a look at it.

About two months ago, I started telling her no, I couldn't fix it.

That was when my wife pointed out that we had an old PC in our living room that we only used once a year to do our taxes on. Maybe I could do something with that for her mother.

So I took the old PC, put it in my basement, copied all the "stuff" off that we wanted to keep, formatted the drive and reloaded Windows Vista.

Now I'm going to bring it over to my mother-in-laws house and she is going to call me every few days with new questions because Windows Vista is just different enough from Windows XP that she won't know what to do.

This is a mistake....

*

Here are today's links:

No comments: