Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Short Day = Long Post

At least you would think that would be true but it really isn't.

Well, maybe it isn't.

Hell, I haven't finished typing the first line and I'm already predicting it will be a short post.

I should just probably just shut up and type....

*

So all the talking heads on the sports radio stations are up in arms over the fact that Jon Lester decided to sign with the Chicago Cubs.

Let me just say that I think Jon Lester is a pretty good pitcher and he gave the Red Sox several great years. But in 2014 he was traded by the Red Sox to the Athletics and then his contract ended at the end of the season. That made him a free agent.

That made him eligible to shop his particular skill to the 30 major league teams, including the Red Sox.

As it turns out, the Red Sox didn't come through with the best offer and now Lester is a Cubby and he is making a lot of money. Let me add some emphasis: He is making A LOT OF MONEY playing for them.

And good for him.

If the Red Sox really wanted him, they certainly could have offered him more money than the Cubs but they chose not to.

And that, my friends, is the end of that.

*

Here are today's links:

No comments: