Monday, December 29, 2014

The computer is in it's new home.

I gave my mother-in-law her computer and she seems pretty happy. It's different thatn the one she had that was running XP but she'll figure it out.

And if she doesn't figure it out, oh well, no big deal. She only uses it to check her email, play spider solitaire and as an excuse to call me and ask questions that make no sense at all and cause me to have a stroke.

*

The Amtrak train known as The Vermonter used to run from Brattleboro, VT to Amherst and then to Palmer where it switched tracks and made it's way to Springfield.

Now it runs from Brattleboro, VT to Greenfield to Northampton and into Springfield.

I'm not sure that it's going to have any impact on local businesses in Greenfield or Northampton but the folks in those two town seem to think it certainly can't hurt.

Hopefully things work out okay for everyone and they take a look at running trains from Springfield out to Boston.

*

Links are here:

No comments: