Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Time to brag

Guess who is a licensed pilot
This guy!

Well, actually, both those guys are private pilots but one of them is also a FAA Designated Examiner. I'm the one that is not a FAA Designated Examiner.


Man, the last four or five days has been hectic, stressful and exhausting.

On Friday, I got up at 4:30 in the morning and took my wife to the airport where she flew to Iowa. Then I went to Northampton where my instructor and I flew for 2+ hours. He beat me up pretty good with all kinds of interesting maneuvers and attitudes.

I spent Saturday and Sunday not only studying my ass off for my flight exam, but I also spent them worrying about my wife and daughter as they drove from Iowa to here through some pretty crappy weather. It got particularly nasty near Sandusky, OH where they ran into iced-over roads and snow.

On Monday, I spent another 2+ hours flying with my instructor where once again, he beat me up with lots of maneuvers.

Today I met with the FAA Designated Examiner and for 2 hours, he grilled me on my knowledge about sectionals, weather, weight and balance, etc... Then we got into a plane and he had me fly for 2 hours, performing all the maneuvers my instructor had me perform.

Then, when all was said and done, he told me I passed and that I was now a licensed pilot.

Trust me, that merited a large sigh of relief.

I think I might get a good nights sleep tonight.


Here are some links for you:

No comments: