Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Have I mentioned that I like my job...

One of the interesting things about working at a college is their tendency to close up shop at the first sign of snow.

I got a text message at 5:30 this morning saying the campus was closed. That means a free, unplanned day off for us working stiffs!

I rolled over and tried to fall back to sleep but it didn't work so I decided to get up because, what the hell, I had the day off and I could take a nap in the afternoon if I felt like it.

As some of you may recall, I like naps.

Also, having the day off in the middle of the week means I could get some stuff done without the hassle of the weekend crowds.

So at 8:00 this morning, I ran over to the barbershop and got my haircut (put on your number 1 and cut it all off!). Then, on my way home, I grabbed a couple of bags of trash from my mother-in-laws house so my wife doesn't have to deal with it later in the week.

When I got home, I sat down and shoved TurboTax into my laptop. I installed the software so it could download all the updates it needed and be ready to go when my final tax forms arrive which I'm hoping will be by Friday.

As for doing my taxes, I have reasonably high hopes that this year we withheld enough from our paychecks & distributions that the government isn't going to bend me over and have it's way with me.

I hate when the government has it's way with me.


You can visit these links if you would like:

No comments: