Saturday, February 24, 2018

Special Edition!

You get an early morning update today because something special happened last night: The US mens curling team won the Olympic gold medal !!!

I'm pretty sure that is the first time the US, either men or women, has won a gold medal in curling since it was made an olympic sport back in 1998. The men did win a bronze back in 2006 but that was the only other time they medaled.

So now it's time for me to put away my curling enthusiasm and start focusing on the great sport of baseball. I get to watch my first Red Sox game at 1:00 today and I'm hoping I get to see a good game.

Spring training is always interesting because you never know who is going to be playing. I might see a bunch of guys with uniform numbers above 80 out there, stumbling around and looking like a bunch of little leaguers or I might see a field of veterans having a good time and struggling to relearn their skills.

Either way, it'll be fun to watch.


I'll be back later with my usual update.

←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→←→

And I'm back.....

Walt and his wife were at the game.

Their seats are located just behind third base and he told me they extended the safety netting well past third. They now sit behind the net and I don't think he's happy about that.

Two baseballs were hit right towards him that normally he would have tried to catch but today, they ended up in the net. He said he doesn't even bring his glove anymore.

Our society has safety nets for everything now.


Enjoy these links:

No comments: