Saturday, March 30, 2013

I am not a garage door repairman

I said to my youngest, "Hey, give me a hand replacing the rollers on the garage door. It'll only take a few minutes." He said sure and we set about replacing the rollers. I was right, it took about 15 minutes to replace all 10 rollers.

Then I tried the door.....

We immediately heard a rather loud "sproing" and we watched the support cable wrap itself around the rod that supports the springs.

I instantly knew that this wasn't a good thing. It was a bad thing. A very bad thing...

My son and I spent the next 1 hour and 45 minutes trying to get the cable back into place and put the load back into the springs. At one point, after trying at least five different methods, my son says, "So now what do we do." My reply was, "Okay, I've got one more idea and if it doesn't work, we call a professional."
It worked.

Our hands are bloody and covered with grease but dammit, the garage door works just fine.

Next time, I'm calling a professional to start with. I'm too old for this sh!t.
*

I found you more than two links today:

No comments: