Saturday, March 23, 2013

Old laptops are a pain in the butt

I'm trying to save two old laptops for my buddy Chris.

He actually had one of them reloaded with the factory install of the OS so that one was easy. All I had to do was verify that the OS was installed correctly and it was ready to go.

The second one was the pain in the ass. It had no OS on it so, as Sgt Highway liked to say, I had to Improvise, Adapt and Overcome. Now, it's running the third worst operating system ever conceived by Microsoft - Vista. (The first two were Microsoft Bob and Windows ME.)

So anyways, no his little girls should be able to beat up on two clunky old laptops instead of his shiny new one. He'll be happy and they'll be happy.

In other words, everybody will be happy.

*

I took this picture at a dive diner my son and I stopped at for breakfast.


The food was amazingly good but the fact that they still had the booth juke box was what made the whole experience.
*

These links might provide some entertainment:


No comments: