Monday, January 6, 2014

Another year has passed with me not hitting the lottery.

Maybe 2014 is my year to win big! Maybe it's the year that I'll become independantly wealthy!

Yea, right....

*

The company I work for has installed multiple electric car charging stations in the parking lot and there are at least 10 cars always plugged into them. It's a good deal for the employees because they get free electricity and it's a good deal for the company because they get to write off the expenses.

Now comes my question:

The state and the federal government tax the crap out of a gallon of gasoline so they can pay for the roads I drive on. How are all the people driving electric cars paying for the roads they drive on?

It never seemed fair to me that I had to pay for the roads being used by those annoying bicyclists but now it seems extremely unfair that I am also paying for the roads being used by electric cars.

They need to pay their fair share.

And for the record, don't give me any of that, "But I'm saving the environment!" crap. No one ever said that saving the planet was cheap.

*

Try these links:

No comments: