Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Yankees need a third baseman.

I have no idea what evidence the MLB showed to the arbitrator but Alex Rodriguez is going on an unpaid vacation for the entire 2014 season and the Yankees need a third baseman.

I was listening to an interview with Bob Costas this afternoon and he said something that made a lot of sense to me. He said, and I'm kinda misquoting here because I was kinda napping when he said it -
    "You have access to the best trainers on the planet. You have access to the best nutrition on the planet. What the hell are any of you doing with the phone numbers of guys like that?"
He asks a good question.

Why would any ball player, knowing that the MLB is looking to eliminate performance enhancing drugs (PEDs), even think about talking to someone who said, "Hey, pal, I got something for you."

Yes, I understand the temptation of taking a little pill that makes you better at your job and helps you earn more money but still, you need to draw a line. You need to have enough smarts to say enough is enough.

Then again, no one ever said baseball players were smart.

*

Here are today's links:

No comments: