Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Mom looks pretty darned comfortable in her recliner.

I picked her up earlier than planned this morning which is good because when I got there, she had everything she owned in a bag and was ready to leave. It was pretty obvious that she wanted to go home and she didn't want to wait any longer than necessary.

After 5 weeks, I don't blame her. That's a long time to be away from your home.

After she got settled in, a few of her friends stopped to see her and I suspect that as her stamina improves, she'll start wandering the building and visiting with people.

After lunch, she took a nap in her recliner and I took a nap on her couch. I guess the old saying, the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree is true.

After I left her, my brother and his family visited with her and made her a nice dinner.

Next up will be my sister who is planning on spending the night with her. I can attest to the fact that while her couch is kinda short, it is comfortable. Since my sister is kinda short, she should have no problem getting a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow starts the home health care visits and I am hoping those go well.

We may be a little overly concerned but she's our mom and we're gonna do what we need to do to make her as comfortable as possible.

*

While I was sitting with her, I did a little surfing and found these links:

No comments: