Friday, January 10, 2014

A bridge too close.

The governor of New Jersey is in some hot water because it appears that his office (maybe him, maybe not him) ordered the closing of some toll booths on the George Washington bridge. This caused the New Jersey side of the bridge to back up for four days and there is some talk that a woman in Fort lee died because an ambulance couldn't get to her.

Recently, some emails have come out that show the Governors staff and the Bridge Authority staff having conversations about "punishing" Fort Lee (the New Jersey end of the bridge) because the mayor of Fort Lee refused to endorse the governor during his last re-election campaign.

According to the various media outlets and some government authorities, there are a lot of un-answered questions about who knew what, who did what and why did they do it.

Here's what I think:

  • I think somebody was pissed off at the mayor of the city of Fort Lee, New Jersey for his refusal to endorse Chris Christie.
  • I think that somebody who was pissed off was the governor of New Jersey, Chris Christie.
  • I think he expressed his pissed offness for the mayor to one of his staff members.
  • I think that particular staff member decided to punish the mayor, and the city, for hurting his beloved governor.
  • I think that particular staff member talked to several other individuals and a plan was hatched.

  • I think that Chris Christie never once said, "Hurt the people of Fort Lee and punish the Mayor by closing the bridge."

  • I think this is a case of some pretentious, petty, nasty, snot-nosed little bureaucrat who thought to themselves, "What's the sense of having the power to cause unnecessary suffering if I never use it! I'm going to make them suffer just like all those flies I used to pull the wings off of!"

I like Chris Christie.

I think he is one of the few politicians out there who is capable of understanding both the liberal viewpoint and the conservative viewpoint. I also think he is one of the few politicians out there who is willing to work for a reasonable solution instead of simply taking the, "I'm right and your wrong!" stance that most politicians take.

I hope he overcomes this smear on his record and eventually runs for president. I'd consider voting for him.

But until the questions, "who knew what, when did they know it and why did they do it" are answered, I don't trust him.

*

These links may entertain you:

No comments: