Sunday, February 8, 2015

Are you "bracing"?

The media has found a new fad word. Whenever a new snow storm moves into the area, they say we are "bracing".

I don't know about you, but I'm not bracing.

There is no brace in my life.

I am completely braceless.

This is a brace-free zone.

What I am doing is wishing I had bought a new shovel or two. The old ones are those plastic ones with the metal strip.

As is always the case with those shovels after a few winters, the rivets have worn off in the center of the strip and it's bent downward away from the rest of the shovel. That means when I shovel, I only clear a four inch strip down to the driveway and leave a layer of snow on either side.

This flies in the face of the low-level OCD that I experience when clearing my driveway. I want it to be perfect.

*

Here are a couple of links:

No comments: