Friday, February 6, 2015

Damn ice dams.

I looked up at my gutters this morning as I was leaving for work and noticed that ice was forming.

Lots of ice.

Lots of ice means lots of snow if causing melt to run down the roof to the eave and refreeze. This results in ice dams backing water up the roof until it finds a way to leak into my house and ruin my ceilings.

I hate ice dams.

So in order to combat this menace to the sanctity of my home, I have acquired some calcium chloride and cheap pantyhose. I will stuff the calcium chloride into the legs of the pantyhose and drape them over the ice dams and my gutters. This will effectively breech the dam and provide a way for the built up water to run off my roof.

My wife calls these pantyhose legs filled with calcium chloride "snausages".

I call them the best thing ever invented..

*

So now that you know how I will be spending my weekend, how about you visit these links:

No comments: