Sunday, May 31, 2015

Yay! Rain!

I'm pretty certain I heard my lawn sigh.

*

The Red Sox are in a world of hurt right now and no one can explain why. I keep saying that it's time to take a long hard look at Farrell and his managerial skills but I also want to bring up young Mr. Cherington.

He has put together a team that no one really understands.

I'll never understand why Hanley Ramirez, a third baseman, is playing left field. They keep saying, "he's a work in progress" but they are 50 games into a 162 game season and he hasn't shown much progress in becoming an outfielder.

Why are they paying a kid with little or no major league experience $11 million a year? Castillo has trouble catching fly balls fer cripes sake. When I coached fifth and sixth graders, they could at least catch pop flies.

As for David Ortiz, he has one job on that team and he isn't doing it. He took a few days off and last night he announced that he discovered he was "pulling off his back foot to soon". What the hell kind of bullshit is that?

Farrell and Cherington keep saying that things will click, the offense will come alive, the pitchers will get back their "stuff" and the defense will become a wall but if it doesn't happen soon, they can pretty much write the season off as a "rebuilding season" and figure out what to do about 2016.

*

Here's a couple of links:

No comments: