Monday, January 29, 2018

The SuperB owl is in 6 days....

...and the drama has begun.

WEEI is a Boston "sports" radio station that carries the Red Sox games.

You may notice that I put the word "sports" in quotes because a year or so ago, the station changed it's format from sports talk to political discourse / shock radio. They basically became a bunch of bitter, arrogant people who think everyone but them is a moron.

I stopped listening to their morning show when they made the format change but I still listen to the afternoon show. Those guys seem to be a lot less arrogant and bitter than the morning guys.

So anyways, every Monday, Tom Brady calls the morning idiots and talks with them for a half hour. It's usually not an overly interesting interview because the Patriots, as a rule, don't say anything controversial or negative.

Last Thursday, one of the shock jocks decided to make a comment about a documentary about Brady. I guess the documentary starts out with a scene that shows Brady talking to his kids or something and this particular shock jock decided he was going to be funny.

And by funny, I mean stupid.

This guy called Brady's 5 year old daughter a "pissant".

Well, as you can imagine, this apparently pissed Tom Brady off. When he called into the station this morning, he said something to the effect of, "I have nothing to say to you guys because no one should say anything like that about my daughter. Goodbye".

The station suspended the big mouth but I doubt they'll fire him because he is their token gay guy.

In other words, he is a protected species.

SuperB owl drama - it's everywhere.


While I sit around and watch bad television, you can look at these links:

No comments: