Wednesday, March 7, 2018

No work for me today

The college decided to close today so I got to go to my doctors appointment without using any vacation time.

Actually, it wasn't so much a doctors appointment as it was a CT scan.

Two years ago, my doctor got me into this study for ex-smokers. They do a low-grade CT scan of my chest and lungs every year and compare the scans from year to year.

The assumption is that they will see anything bad while it is still small and curable.

The report they send you in the mail is graded one through four where one is what a baby's lungs would be like and a four would be a dead guy.

For the record, last years report showed my lungs were a two which is what anyone who has every breathed. If this years comes back the same way, I'm gonna stop the study.

Last thing I want is to get irradiated every year for no reason.


Here are a few links you can click on if you want:

No comments: