Saturday, November 16, 2019

No flying for me today

I had scheduled a plane for two hours but when I got to the airport, I found that the wind was blowing at 15 knots with 25 knot gusts and it was a direct crosswind.

That, my friends, is beyond my limit. Last thing I want to deal with is a 20 knot gust of wind against the side of the plane just as I'm trying to land. That would more than likely end poorly for both me and the plane. At the very least, I'd probably torque the wheels on touch down and end up blowing a tire.

I've landed with a blown tire but it was on a runway that is 7,000 feet long & 150 feet wide in Westfield and I ended up coming to a stop right at the edge of the runway.

The runway in Northampton is 3,000 feet long and 50 feet wide. If I had the same problem there, I would have gone off the runway and probably done a lot of damage to the plane.

So anyways, I rescheduled my rental for tomorrow morning when the wind is supposed to be 7 knots with no gusts.

I can handle 7 knots.


Colin "I hate all of you!" Kaepernick schedule a workout with the NFL in an attempt to get himself a job playing quarterback for some NFL team. 20 teams agreed to send representatives to watch. The NFL agreed to film the workout and send it to the remaining 12 teams. In other words, after all his complaining about no one wanting to hire him, he was finally going to have a job interview.

Then he got pissy and refused to sign a liability waiver. He also demanded his own film crew. He also demanded that Nike be allowed to film it to use as a commercial.

When the NFL said no, he refused to show up.

Seems to me that if he really wanted to get a job, he would have shown up for the interview.

He's a moron and still unemployed.


I'm going to watch a little hockey and then fall asleep early. Since I didn't fly, I had the time to get some grocery shopping done, clean my gutters and clear the leaves off my lawn.

While I enjoy this hockey game, you can enjoy these links:

No comments: